With every relationship there are pros and cons. With LDRs it sometimes feels like there are more cons than pros. But today I’m here to share with you some of the things I’m thankful for in my LDR.
- We communicate well… he understands my need for face-to-face communication so we Skype once on the weekend.
- We trust each other completely. There’s no jealousy or worries about what he’s doing. I talk more about that here.
- We support each other. That being said, I totally understand why we can’t text for more than 10 minutes a day. He is under so much pressure and has so much work that I have to accept that if I want him to succeed then I can’t be nagging him all the time. (I do have my moments of really needing him and I will usually ask if we can talk on the phone and it’s a 50/50 chance of him saying yes.)
- I get to travel to new places and see more of the world. Because of him I can now say I’ve been to Texas, and soon California. I look forward to all the places we will travel together.
- The strength. There have been some pretty difficult times but I’ve gotten through all of them. Each day we are apart, I grow stronger and stronger. You have to be independent and learn things on your own – you can’t rely on them for strength you have to create it yourself.
- My business. My creativity for Jordyn Alison Designs has increased since he originally left in early 2016. I have found a great way to focus my time and energy on something other than missing him.
- It’s brought us closer together. I have more love for him now than I did before he joined the military. Because I don’t get to see him all the time, I appreciate what he does for me so much more. When he sends me a text before he goes to sleep and I wake up to it, it instantly brightens my day. When we both lived in the same timezone and could see each other every other week, we weren’t too big on “goodnight” texts. But now, I love them. I love that he takes the time to tell me he loves me before he goes to sleep. Our relationship has had more challenges brought our way, with money stress and other distance related things. But we have overcome all of them so far and we have found ways to work together and make an even better team.
What are you most thankful for in your LDR? Share in the comments below! 🙂
Where to find me:
Etsy (where I post LDR cards & other artwork)
Instagram (where I post my daily hand lettering project & products of mine)
Facebook (where I post Behind-The-Scenes, etc.)