When my boyfriend first left I drenched myself in sad songs. I can’t be the only one who listens to sad music to make them more sad… right?!?! Well anyways, today I bring to you my Long Distance Relationship playlist. These songs are the ones that make me say “YES! That’s exactly how I feel” and make me think things like I’m so lucky to be with him.
- Over and Over Again by Nathan Sykes
- Lyrics that I hang on to: So don’t ever think I need more, I’ve got the one to live for, no one else will do
- Why? Well, the reason this song is #1 is because it’s the song that got me out of any bad mood I had while he was gone. There is a lyric that I cling to in every verse. The opening line is “from the way you smile, to the way you look, you capture me unlike no other. From the first hello, yeah that’s all it took, and suddenly we had each other.” Every time I hear the beginning of this song I smile because I find it to be so true about my boyfriend. From our first hello I was completely hooked on him and I had no idea why.
- SERIOUSLY GO LISTEN TO THIS SONG!!
- Sound of Your Heart by Shawn Hook
- Lyrics that I hang on to: Baby I’m in love with you, and I’m missing the sound of your heart beating
- Why? I like the chorus and I like singing along and then I end up zoning out on the rest of the song. But! I do think this is more of an upbeat song and sometimes you need that in your life.
- Wonderful World by James Morrison
- Lyrics that I hang on to: Well I know that it’s a wonderful world, From the sky down to the sea, But I can only see it when you’re here, here with me
- Why? Because sometimes it does feel like the world is so much better when they are around. Plus I love James Morrison’s Voice which is why he is on here twice. But basically, any James Morrison song could fit in this playlist. If you haven’t heard of him by now, you definitely should.
- Please Don’t Stop The Rain by James Morrison
- Lyrics that I hang on to: We can pray for sunny weather, but that won’t stop the rain.
- Why? Every time I listen to this song it gives me a different meaning. Now that I’m in an LDR it makes me realize that I can’t be in control 100% of the time. I have to let things play out the way they’re going to. It’s also OKAY to cry. Sometimes. This is my “I need a cry” song. It’s also my “I need positive vibes” song. Usually within the same 4 minutes of listening to it.
- If This Is What It Takes by Shawn Mendes
- Lyrics that I hang on to: If this is what it takes, then let me be the one to bear the pain.
- Why? Because I am strong enough for this. I wouldn’t be going through this if I didn’t think we would last. I wouldn’t put myself through this kind of pain just for the heck of it. I’m here bearing the pain because this is what it takes to be with him. And I’m okay with that. He’s worth it.
- My Heart Will Wait For You by
- Lyrics that I hang on to: My hearts gonna wait for you, always.
- Why? Ahh, this song has been in my life for years. And just like the previous James Morrison songs, it gives me a different meaning every time I listen to it. But lately, it’s been making me feel like, “you know what, I’m not going anywhere. My heart WILL wait for you to come home. Every single time.” Distance is hard, but you can’t give up on each other.
These are just a few of the songs I’ve been listening to on repeat. I would LOVE to hear if you have any other additions! Please leave them in the comments below if you do 🙂
Where to find me:
Etsy (where I post LDR cards & other artwork)
Instagram (where I post my daily hand lettering project & products of mine)
Facebook (where I post Behind-The-Scenes, etc.)